Monday, December 19, 2011

Book Review: Saved by an Angel by Doreen Virtue

 Order Here                           

(I was send this book by Hay House for my honest review.)

This month I have been reading Saved by an Angel: True Accounts of People Who Have Had Extraordinary Experiences with Angels...and How YOU Can, Too!

Part I of this book, the bulk of it, is full of organized stories of people who encountered angels.  Sometimes they saw the angels and sometimes they saw clear signs of their angel.  Some of the stories were hard to read as they involved rape, murders, car wrecks, etc.  It seems the angels come to aid quickly in moments of deep distress.  Although this does not comprise the entire scope of stories, there is the recurring theme that angels come in our times of deep distress and suffering.  The stories encouraged me to be open to the ways angels appear to us.  Most of the time I think I live in la-la-land and don't always stay open and aware of the psychic or spiritual world.  This books shows you what it looks like to see beyond basic reality and understand what God and the angels are trying to get your to know or see. Furthermore, the powerful ways they can intervene to change our lives.

Part II of this book is practical application and my favorite!  This section is called "How You Can Encounter Angels."  There are so many affirmations and prayers to say to the angels and ourselves.  For these, I typed them into a word document so they were all together.  I read them every morning and it sets a wonderful tone for my day.  Doreen's suggestions for how to request and seek guidance and answers from our angels are so powerful.  Praying, directly asking, writing a letter, using possesions, going outside in nature, and holding a ceremony are all listed in detail. 

There is a seven day plan  for hearing angel visions.  Doreen is passionate that the things we eat and drink affect our sensitivity to see and hear angels clearly.  "In addition, keep you caffeine, sugar, nicotine, and processed food intake to a minimum during this seven-day period."  As someone with a meditation practice I can attest that the things I digest affect my mind and body powerfully.  There are the most beautiful morning and evening meditations!  These are beautiful to use all year.  Doreen includes a total of 15 meditation/short prayers.

Althoug this final section my feel short, it is full of practical applications.  The suggestions remind me of those in the Angel Therapy Oracle Cards, times 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment